Tuesday 31 January 2012

A Beautiful Woman

I have been a bit absent from blog land over the last couple of weeks, the reason for this is that my Nanny (my mum's mum) was taken into hospital. At first we thought it was just something small and not really too frightening but after a short  two weeks, we learnt what really I think we had all been dreading - it was cancer. We were devastated. We were also told there was nothing they could do for her and really she only had days to live. We all went home immediately and spent what little time we had, with her. For the first few days she seemed to have perked up but she quickly declined and passed away very peacefully in the early hours of Sunday 22nd January surrounded by family; my mum, my two aunts, myself and my cousin. The funeral was Friday just passed and now its back to normal life and trying to move on. I want to dedicate this post to my wonderful Nanny.

 
This is my Nanny Vera the day I got married, I love this photo!

My Nanny Vera was a great woman; funny and extremely patient.
I will miss her greatly.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post. I know saying ' I'm sorry for your loss' may not help but your nan sounds like such an inspiration to you. I hope everything will turn out ok in the end x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Nanna Vera. So sorry for your loss, such a horrid thing for anyone to go through. From the picture she looked like a real character, and as Lidiya said, she sounded like such an inspiration to you and the rest of your family xx

    ReplyDelete