Tuesday 17 January 2012

In the kitchen - Garlic bread

With this new blog I wanted to share with you some of the things I make in the kitchen. I love to eat cook, whether it's baking cakes or cooking three course meals, I love trying new things and generally if I'm in the kitchen I'm happy. That isn't to say it always goes right but that would be boring!

Today I want to share with you my home made garlic bread. This recipe has been stolen from my mum, who made it one day for me and I just had to have it. It's a really simple make and good as a quick snack or as an accompaniment for pasta or pizza!

So here's what you do:

Get your ingredients: one part-baked roll per person
Some mixed herbs, garlic (how much depends how strong you like it) and margarine or butter (depending how healthy you want to be)
I then pre-heat my oven, use the guidelines on the packet for your rolls and then cook the rolls for about 8 minutes, while they are cooking I mix the ingredients together, you can crush or finely slice your garlic, I usually use a teaspoon of herbs and enough marg or butter to cover your rolls
When the rolls have been in the oven for 8 mins I take them out, cut them in half and spread the garlic butter on top, as shown below
 I then put them under the grill for a couple of minutes until they turn golden
Voila! Yummy home made garlic bread!

You can make up the garlic butter in advance and freeze it or keep it in your fridge, but I would eat it within 3 days if just in the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Nothing like homemade garlic bread to finish off a great meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! looks great! Thanks for linking up to the Tuesday Talent Show! I hope to see you again next Tuesday!
    -Nikki
    Chef in Training
    http://www.chef-in-training.com

    ReplyDelete